Sunday, November 21, 2010

Anonymous Flower

It's been a while that i did not post any flowers here anyway here i go again. Last week, my cute little girl and i went to the Opon market at Lapu-Lapu City Cebu to buy 1 sack of rice, as we strolled around i saw this flower type. I bought 3 pcs for 50 pesos only. I forgot to ask the seller the name of this flower type so i just called it anonymous flower. But to anyone out there who knows, would you mind drop me a message/comment in here? It's such a great help.
This plant has many tiny flowers of white bell formed with violet colored on its lining. The stems are succulent and very fragile as it breaks when you hold it tightly. The leaves are so green and very soft to touch. I guess this plant will eventually die after all its flowers bloom. Because of such lovely combination, i put these flowers in our kitchen in front of the dish washing sink. I love it... Here's the whole picture as you can see below.





4 comments:

  1. it's torrenia..lives for about a month but it propagates quickly under the full sun..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bugsy,

      Thanks for the name.

      Yah, you're right about the lifespan of Torrenia. They're dead a month after this post. I miss those flowers.

      I wonder how to reproduce those type of flowers inorder to have them all year round.

      Delete
  2. Meachel, its nice to read of your interest in plants. I am a European migrant living in Lapu-Lapu too, and have taken a keen interest in gardening since living here. I buy a lot of plants and trees from the Bulacan Garden Centre in Basak and DAR (Dept. Agricultural Research) place in Mandaue.
    I was not much of a gardener back home because of work and weather but love it here, especially because the plants grow so fast. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have it all year round, because it cycles itself! The main plant will die in 1 - 2 months, but another grows on the side, so it's best if the plant has space to crawl. If you have a garden or lawn, just plant it in a semi-shaded spot. I'd have to disagree with the full sun thing - it dries up, so you have to keep the soil moist (not wet). I think the reason it died because there's not so much sunlight through the windows? Mine is still there after a year, but planted on the ground. I tried getting rid of it to make space for others, pero it still finds a way to find a singit spot between plants. Flowers are cute, and can be pink sometimes!

    ReplyDelete